Sunday, March 7, 2010

It Says


It says
“I could have you anytime”
And if there’s just one thing
That I’ve been waiting for
Out of your dark blue party dress
We’d trade friendships for regrets

It says
“Maybe when the spring passes”
And if the sun warms the heart
Thawed from the chill of winter’s dark
I would present to you this promise
Then seal my words with a kiss

And if I could hold you
Maybe for just one night
The world would spin slower
I know we’d get the time

And when we save some face
It says “I don’t know what to say”
As night consumes the day
We lie awake and wait

It says
“You can’t have all of me”
And if you define the players
Nice boys lovers and fighters
I’d say we’re all one in the same
Charm not unique to the name

It says
“It’ll work out but not now”
And if you are the fisherman
Then I’ve been baited to the hook
Tied down to the very thought of
The most innocent kind of love

And if I could hold you
To the words that are said
The wine would spin slower
I know we’d get in bed

And when we savor face
It says “Well it’s okay, I’m not my best”
It says “It’s a creation of ignorance”
It says “What I want isn’t easy”
It says “But I still want to be happy”

This is what the expression on your face says.



No comments: